Modern Day Business Challenges
Organisations are faced with a constant battle to keep up-to-date with the latest threats, security risks and legislation. Never has an organisation been presented with such considerable challenges. On 25th May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force. The GDPR is designed to bring about a greater consistency of data protection legislation and approach across the EU (the UK’s decision to leave the EU will not affect the enforcement of the GDPR). At Ultima, we help clients navigate this ever more complex landscape.
Questions that you need to ask yourself when assessing if you are adhering to the GDPR include:
Data Protection & Management:
- Do you have visibility of how data is stored and managed within your business?
- Is it possible to prove a user has given consent to communicate with your organisation?
- Can you find and remove ALL data about an individual from ALL systems?
Policy & Best Practice:
- Do you understand the impact of the GDPR to your business?
- Is your infrastructure configured in accordance with industry best practice?
- Do you have concerns over the risk of ransomware to your business?
- How do you maintain security whilst opening up your network to mobile & cloud initiatives?
- Can you demonstrate that you have taken reasonable steps to prevent a breach occurring?
- Can you identify the impact of a breach in the event of it occurring, and how would you know if a breach occurred?
- How would you respond to a breach?
- Do you have full visibility of events occurring across the whole infrastructure?
- Can you report on what applications are being used on your network?
- When did you last scan your perimeter networks for vulnerabilities?
- Do you know how well your firewall is configured?